Thursday, August 15, 2013

Inside out German Chocolate cake (GCC)!




I love nothing more than a fun baking project, especially when it is for a birthday party. Chocolate cakes are not (yet) in my repertoire so I hit up the ol' internet and searched.  I came across this inside out GCC originally posted on Epicurious.  I read all 328 reviews (I take this very seriously) and decided to go for it. I doubled the cake batter recipe and used 3 9" pans. I sliced each layer in 2 in order to obtain a total of 6 layers. I also doubled the filling and 1.5 the frosting.

The key to a great cake is patience, research and good ingredients.Then built the cake, it's as easy as 1. 2. 3.....





I will be out of town for the party so I don't have a finished picture but below you can see the bits and pieces.


p.s. Paul is happy that I did not go for the "boiling-the-cans-of-condensed-milk method" but rather went for the safer, "waterbath-in-the-oven-pain-in-the-butt-to-clean" method.

No comments:

Post a Comment