Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Friendship is magic!

Photo credit
My daughter loves "my little pony friendship is magic". What a shock that an almost 4 year old girl loves pink and fruity colored little horses. For her upcoming birthday she gave me very specific instructions for this years cake. Namely, she wants a my little pony chocolate cake, filled with m&m's and cinnamon toast crunchy bites. Now, I am not 100% down with the flavor combination but I will try to include m&m's and some kind of cereal. I will try to built a momofuku like cake from the inside with a major pony explosion on the outside. Here are some of my current favorites from around the web. I will definitely include a rainbow made out of fondant with clouds (she always draws rainbows that way) as well as some nice smooth fondant around the cake.  As a cake topper, I will most likely use an edible print of the entire pony gang. Also, how amazing are these sugar cookies below?

sugar sugar bakery, photo credit
photo credit

Photo credit
photo credit

photo credit via sugar cookies cake and more


No comments:

Post a Comment