Monday, January 23, 2012

Before and after- the fireplace

Happy Monday!  It has been a productive day so far.  I try to get at least the following three points accomplished every day: 1. look for work, 2. start a house project 3. take care of my little one (the first and last  ones are really a given).  Today, I tackled the fireplace for my daily house project (the litttle lady was taking her nap). The fireplace in our formal siting room is very manly. The hunter green paint that was previously there, together with the deep red faux brick and the heavy and stark wood mantel made it look very drap and did I mention *manly*. Just painting the brick with three coats of white paint livened it up-don't you agree? Next, I need a lesson in fire mantel decorating.


Before: hunter green paint

No comments:

Post a Comment