Friday, January 20, 2012

Quotes

My mom kept a baby book for me when I was younger- it is called "de boek van ikke" aka the book that is "all about ME". It documents important milestones from birth to age 7 and it has some amazing illustrations by Nans van Leeuwen.  I have always loved looking at the book- especially once Sas was born.  It has been great to be able to look back at my own statistics and compare our height, weight and things like when I got my first tooth- because let's face it, nobody else really cares about those statistics.  It even has a lock of hair in it from when I was a wee little one.  I am glad she kept it around all those years. I have a similar book I got for Saskia but it only documents the first year (Also, it doesn't have a lock of hair, simply because I couldn't decide which piece of hair to chop off).  I thought it would be great to continue to document some things when I stumbled upon this book called "My quotable kid" via a "cup of jo". Because lets face it, kids say the funniest things.


1. Via Amazon.com
Het boek van ikke- cover

Beautiful illustration by Nans van Leeuwen on the inside cover

My birth announcement

No comments:

Post a Comment