Monday, February 6, 2012

Baking with the baby lady: super bowl brownies


I had never made brownies before yesterday- I am not much of a chocolate dessert person- but chili, beer and chocolate seemed to be the perfect combination for a super bowl Sunday.  I went to my favorite dessert blog, every last cookie, and snagged the double chocolate brownie recipe.  The brownies turned out gooey on the inside and crunchy on the outside. The recipe called for 6 oz of chocolate and I had two 4 oz bars on hand.  I used the extra 2 oz of chocolate to dip some of my marshmallows in together with some orange zest- a winning combination.  I need to hit the gym this week.




Other food hits were: chili made by Paul, accompanied by fritos and cheddar cheese as well as the most delicious home made onion dip made by Liz (hopefully she will post it on her blog and I will link you to it). The pictures of those are not nearly as appetizing as the brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment