Thursday, March 8, 2012

Baking with the baby lady: Pizelles


Pizelles have become my go-to cookie when I feel in the mood for something sweet. As you can see below, it only requires 6 ingredients that are almost always in my pantry and refrigerator.  You simply whip together the eggs and sugar, then add the cooled melted butter and vanilla and finally you fold in the baking soda and flour. Really, it takes no more than 10 minutes to measure out the ingredients and whip them together. You end up with a very stiff batter that you then scoop onto your pizelle iron (I guess this is the only item you do need to make this cookie). You roll the warm cookie over a dowel and voilĂ !

My friend came over and brought over some scrumptious lattes and the party was complete!

You can find the recipe here.








2 comments:

  1. This sure looks yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were inedible. Should be baking POWDER, not baking soda.

    ReplyDelete