Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Birthday Cake!


I could not *wait* to bake Christina Tosi's birthday cake ever since John (my brother-in-law) got me the Momofuku milk bar cookbook (I previously wrote about it here and here).  The recipe, which is a fancier version of the much beloved funfetti cake, was easy to follow  after ordering some non standard items such as citric acid, glucose and acetate sheets.  There were just a few crumbs left at the end of the party- Christina Tosi's recipe did not disappoint to say the least.  I love the deconstructed look of the cake. Wrapping the cake in acetate sheets is the trick to getting this cake to stack up perfectly.  It was frozen over night and the sheets were peeled away the next day revealing a perfectly straight yet messy cake.  The crumbs are a great addition in between the layers, it adds texture and a delicious crunch. I can't wait to try this again (please give me an excuse to do this again soon). If you don't have the cookbook you can find the recipe in the Huffington post published here. But seriously, please do yourselves a favor and pick up a copy of the book!


















1 comment:

  1. Nice? There is a time and no excuse to make another one in some weeks.You know?

    ReplyDelete